As used in this Policy, the terms listed below have the following meanings:
Customer – A “Customer” is anyone who purchases Proclaim VoIP products or services. When a Customer purchases retail products or services for use by others, those individuals also may be considered Customers for purposes of this Policy.
User – A “User” is anyone who visits our websites.
Personal Information – “Personal Information” is information that directly identifies or reasonably can be used to identify an individual Customer or User. Examples include name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, Social Security number, and financial account number. Personal Information does not include Published Listing Information as discussed in more detail below or information that is readily available to the public through no fault of Proclaim VoIP.
Anonymous Information – “Anonymous Information” means information that does not directly identify and cannot reasonably be used to identify an individual Customer or User.
Aggregate Information – “Aggregate Information” means information about groups or categories of Customers or Users, which does not identify and cannot reasonably be used to identify an individual Customer or User. Aggregate Information is a kind of Anonymous Information.
Website – “Website” means any page or location on the Internet, no matter what device (cell phone, lap top, PC, etc.) or protocol (http, WAP, ftp or other) is used to access the page or location. In this Policy, we use the term website other similar terms such as “Internet site,” “site,” and “web page.”
1. Information – We may collect different types of personal and other information based on your use of our products and services and our business relationship with you, including contact information; billing information, equipment, performance, Proclaim VoIP’s website usage, viewing and other technical information about your use of our network, services, products or websites. Information may be collected when you give it to us with the intent to purchase or interact with us about a product or service we offer or provide; when we collect it automatically when you visit our websites or use our products and services; or when we obtain it from other sources, such as credit agencies. Our goal of collecting your information is to provide you with the best customer experience possible by communicating with you regarding service updates, offers and promotions; delivering advertising that may be of interest to you; addressing network and security issues; investigating or taking action regarding illegal activities or violations of our Terms of Service or Acceptable Use Policies.
2. Disclosure – We do not sell your Personal Information to anyone for any purpose, and we maintain information about you in our business records while you are a customer, or until it is no longer needed for business, tax, or legal purposes. We have implemented encryption or other appropriate security controls to protect Personal Information when stored or transmitted by Proclaim VoIP. Subject to applicable legal restrictions, such as those that exist for CPNI (as defined below), the Proclaim VoIP family of companies may share your Personal Information with each other to make sure your experience is as seamless as possible, and you have the full benefit of what Proclaim VoIP and its subsidiaries have to offer.
We share your Personal Information only with non-Proclaim VoIP companies that perform services on our behalf, and only as necessary for them to perform those services. We require those non-Proclaim VoIP companies to protect any Personal Information they may receive in a manner consistent with this policy, and we do not provide Personal Information to non-Proclaim VoIP companies for the marketing of their own products and services without your consent. We may provide Personal Information to non-Proclaim VoIP companies or other third parties for purposes such as emergencies, pursuant to court orders, compliance with the law or a lawful government, judicial, administrative, or law enforcement request (i.e. search warrant, subpoena, court order, discovery request), identity verification to prevent fraud and identity theft, enforcing of property rights, or obtaining payment for products and services that appear on your Proclaim VoIP billing statements.
3. Customer Proprietary Network Information. Customer Proprietary Network Information (CPNI) is information that Proclaim VoIP obtains when providing your telecommunications services to you. CPNI includes the types of telecommunications services you purchased, how you use the services, and the billing information related to those services, including items such as the types of telecommunications services that you have purchased and your calling details. Your telephone number, name and address are not considered CPNI. We use your CPNI to offer you additional services of the type you already purchase from Proclaim VoIP. We also may use your CPNI to offer you products and services, packages, discounts and promotions from Proclaim VoIP and its affiliates, such as fax service, analytic tools and other unified communication tools, which may be different from the types of services you already purchase. Proclaim VoIP has strict policy guidelines to safeguard the privacy of CPNI and protect it from unauthorized access or improper use. Proclaim VoIP does not sell, trade, or otherwise share your CPNI with anyone outside of Proclaim VoIP or its affiliated companies or with anyone who is not authorized to represent us to offer our services or to perform functions on our behalf, except as the law may require or you may authorize. In order to opt-out and restrict access to your CPNI for our own marketing purposes, please contact us within 30 days of this notice by clicking the following link or going to the following website https://www.ProclaimVoIP.com /EmailPreference/. If you do not notify us within 30 days of this notification that you wish to restrict our use of your CPNI, we will assume that you approve of our use of CPNI for this purpose.
4. Privacy Controls – You can review and correct your Personal Information collected by us. You can limit certain types of solicitation communications from Proclaim VoIP, including marketing contacts made via telephone, e-mail and text messaging by notifying Proclaim VoIP. We will provide you with notice of changes to this policy. We are happy to correct information found to be inaccurate. Customers may verify that appropriate corrections have been made.
6. Exclusions – Information that you provide to non-Proclaim VoIP companies is not covered by this Policy. For example: When you download applications or make an online purchase from a non-Proclaim VoIP company while using Proclaim VoIP’s services, the information collected by the non-Proclaim VoIP company is not subject to this Policy. If you use public forums — such as social networking services, Internet bulletin boards, chat rooms, or blogs on Proclaim VoIP or non-Proclaim VoIP websites — you should be aware that any Personal Information you disclose publicly can be read, collected, or used by others. Once you choose to reveal Personal Information on such a site, the information is publicly available, and Proclaim VoIP cannot prevent distribution and use of that information by other parties. Proclaim VoIP may enter into written product or service agreements with business customers that contain specific provisions related to the confidentiality, security or other handling of information. When provisions of a written product or service agreement differ from or conflict with the provisions of this Policy, the terms of the written agreement will apply. In all other instances, the terms of this Policy apply.
7. Security – We have established electronic and administrative safeguards designed to secure the information we collect, to prevent unauthorized access to or disclosure of that information and to ensure it is used appropriately. Although we strive to keep your Personal Information secure, no security measures are absolute, and we cannot guarantee that your Personal Information will never be disclosed in a manner inconsistent with this Policy (for example, as the result of unauthorized acts by third parties that violate the law or this Policy). We will make reasonable attempts to notify you if we determine that Proclaim VoIP has experienced a security breach and there is a reasonably likely risk of identity theft, or where otherwise required by law.
8. Policies – We have established policies and practices to meet the expectations of Customers and potential customers who have expressed a desire to limit certain types of solicitation communications from Proclaim VoIP, including marketing contacts made via telephone, e-mail and text messaging. You also can request to be removed from these telemarketing lists when you receive a marketing or promotional call. Where required by state laws and/or regulations, we honor requests from businesses to be removed from our telemarketing lists. The FTC maintains a National Do Not Call Registry at https://www.donotcall.gov/, and your state may maintain its own Do Not Call Registry. Putting your number on these Registries also may limit our telemarketing calls to that number. Our practices as described above are designed to satisfy state and federal legal requirements limiting marketing contacts. You should know that those laws and regulations — such as the requirements governing the state and federal “Do Not Call” lists — generally permit companies to contact their own current and, in some cases, former customers, even when those customers are listed on the federal and state “Do Not Call” lists. Similarly, restricting our use of your CPNI will not eliminate all types of Proclaim VoIP marketing contacts.
9. Online Advertising – Proclaim VoIP works hard to detect and prevent junk e-mails (also referred to as “spam” e-mails) from ever reaching your computer. However, if you are receiving unwanted spam from a Proclaim VoIP e-mail address, please fill out the opt out form at https://www.ProclaimVoIP.com/EmailPreference/.
10. Account Set-Up – When selecting User names and passwords for Proclaim VoIP accounts, you should choose words or characters that are not obvious. Likewise, you should always keep Personal Information such as account numbers, Usernames, passwords or similar information in a secure place and not share the information with others.
Updated: October 21, 2016